Karnataka State Open University Distance Learning Education. The KSOU distance learning education is known as to be the best open universities in India which imparts distance education to the whole of India. It
originated in the year 1996. The prestigious university is known for its worthy services and there are a lot of distance education courses which are available for the students.
Karnataka State Open University Distance Learning Education
Courses:- The list of all the courses and relevant details are provided below-
Undergraduate Degree Courses
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Commerce
Fee:- Traditional Bachelor courses – The eligibility for these courses is secondary education and they last for three years. The fee ranges between 15500 to 30500INR.
Postgraduate Degree Courses
- Masters of Art
- Masters of Science
- Masters of Commerce
- Master of Law
Fee:– For the traditional master courses the fee ranges between 14000 to 25000 INR.
- Diploma in Journalism (DIJ)
- Diploma in Information Technology (DIT)
- PG Diploma in Information Technology (PGDIT)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Communicative English (PGDCE)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Mass Communication and Journalism (PGDJM)
Fee:- For the diploma courses which are of 3 years, the approximate fee is 33600INR. For the diploma courses which are of 2 years, the fee ranges between 6200- 14400INR.
- For the PG Diploma program, the fee structure is 17600INR.
Similar to the MBA programs offered by IGNOU, NMIMS, Symbiosis, KSOU offers top rated MBA specialized in-
- MBA- IT Management
- MBA- Finance Management
- MBA- Marketing Management
- MBA- Retail Management
- MBA- Production and Operation Management
- MBA- Human Resource Management
Executive MBA Specialization
- Executive MBA- Human Resource Management
Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) admission process
- The admission process into various streams and courses can be done in the following ways –
- The students have the offer of choosing the category of free counseling for the guidance in case of any confusion and then go through the courses and
fill the necessary requirements. The toll free number of the counselor is 1800-102- 2493.
- After the selection of the desired course the candidates can fill the application form online and send it by post or email to the university. The
candidates need to attach all the necessary documents with the application form.
- For the payment of fee, the candidate can chose either the lump sum option or the installments one depending upon their preferences. The
payment can also be made through credit card, debit card, cheques or bank transfers.
- After the process of payment the documents will be sent further for verification and after verification the admission will get confirmed. Within
- 7-10 working days, the candidate is sent his/her student ID card and the study material.
- The documents which are required for the application to be verified has to be carefully scanned and uploaded. Some of the documents which are
needed are the attested or the notarized photocopies of the last qualifying exam or the mark sheet, in case of change of name- change of name
application form, photocopy of the decree from the court which contains the declaration of change of name, advertised copy of the newspaper,
proof of date of birth certificate along with the attested photocopies are required.
- After the payment has been made, it should be noticed that the fee receipt has to be saved and printed for future reference. There is also a need of
photographs which are passport size. The hardcopy of the above documents have to be sent to the university attested by the gazette officer.